Time: 5 Minutes
Number of Participants: Preferably for groups of about 10-15 people.
Required Equipment: A piece of fabric large enough to be transformed into different ideas.
Recommended Age Group: 6+
Objective: To come up with new creative ideas that the object can be used for. (Can be unrealistic things such as a magic flying carpet). This game is an improve game that requires each group member to use their creativity to create a different meaning for the same object. Game Instruction:
- Participants form a circle.
- The leader shows a piece of fabric to the participants, saying "What could this piece of fabric be?”
- Then the piece of fabric is passed around the circle and each participant shows the group something that it could become or be used for. An example is a flag.
- The fabric is passed from person to person, with each participant sharing an idea
- A variation on this game is to limit the ideas to a category such as clothing, or things that are the color of the fabric
Positioning: This can be played anywhere with an open space large enough to form a circle of approximately 10 to 15 people. If there are multiple groups then they need to be spread out enough so as not to interfere with one another.
- You can limit the category and do something specific such as type of clothing.
- You can also choose a new object other than fabric that can be transformed into new creative ideas.
by Maitti Showhopper