Opposites among the characters are helpful for a scene's success. From opposites can easily arise "friction", it can by itself easily develop conflicts. Besides they fundamentally make a scene more diverse, and therefore interesting.
The possibilities of opposites offered in the scene:
- Status - high low
- Speed - one person moves quickly, the other slowly,
- Personality - good bad, selfish altruistic, frantic apathetic
- inner attitude - "I'm very happy doing my seller job" "I am a bad-tempered customer", "I am the worst shoe retailer specialist in the world" "I am the shoe expert"
- Speech : loud soft, fast slow
- Feelings - happy sad, anxious foolhardy, love indifference (hate)
- Different, although not necessarily contradictory are possibly:
- Characters - Example: For the success of scenes of horror, it is not useful if every actor acts as aliens/bloodsuckers/villain, etc. on the stage. In case of Science fiction, if every actor is a robot, ans so on.
- Speech : dialect/without dialect
- Dramaturgical opposites are protagonist - antagonist
In addition there should be opposites programmed into the design of the scenes. Over the longer term, they should be opposite or different, example action and calm scenes, speaking play and singing play Example: Action Scene, thought-provoking scene, wordplay - musical comedy